All parents are encouraged to visit and tour the College prior to considering enrolment. We want you to be certain that the educational program at Cornerstone is what you want for your child. Touring the College yourself is the best way to make that determination. We would encourage you to walk around our school and others in the district, while they are in action, and see what each has to offer.
Good questions to ask yourself during the tour might include:
- Are the students engaged in meaningful learning programs?
- Do teachers take a pride in their work?
- Do staff take a real interest in the children they serve?
- Do the buildings and grounds provide an environment conducive to learning?
- It there a positive tone or climate throughout the school?
- Are students enjoying what they are doing and taking a pride in their school?
- Do the teachers model and teach the values and beliefs that you consider important for your child?
THE NEXT STEP
Students will be offered a place at Cornerstone Christian College following an interview with a member of the school leadership team (normally the Principal). At this time it will be necessary for the family and particularly the student(s) being enrolled, to clearly understand the school’s expectations with respect to standards of behaviour and participation in the learning program.
Acceptance of enrolment is confirmed in writing and commences upon successful completion of the interview and receipt of the following:
- Completion of an Enrolment Form, which provides important contact and medical information
- Payment of a $350 bond (for the first child and then $150 per subsequent children)
- Copy of Court Orders (if applicable)
- Copy of extract of child’s birth certificate
- Recent school reports (where applicable)